The Chemistry Department of Moscow State University is a world-known center for Chemistry education. Chemistry education at the University started from the year it was founded, 1755. The founder of Moscow University, Michael Lomonosov, was one of the best chemists in his time. In 1755 he established the Laboratory of Chemistry at Moscow University which later evolved into the Department of Chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry includes 17 chairs, 83 laboratories. 1048 students and 283 postgraduates study at the Department. 11 full members of Russian Academy of Sciences, 4 corresponding members and 202 professors holding PhD and Doctoral Degrees in Chemistry are now preparing students to become high class specialists in modern Chemistry.
Most of the world-recognized Russian chemists studied and then lectured at the Department of Chemistry. 13478 students and 4911 postgraduates completed their education here since 1929. More than 1500 foreign citizens from 65 different countries studied at the Department of Chemistry.
92 Dr.Sc. and 394 PhD theses were defended for the last 10 years at the Department.
Science Department is providing information support, and assistance in organizing and carrying out researches according to the international standard. Science Department is focusing special attention to the fundamental studies and its practical realization.
The Chemistry Department consists of 17 divisions and 2 stand-alone laboratories.
Moscow State University
Phone: 7(095) 939-3571
Fax: 7(095) 939-0067
For more information visit Chemistry Department website